Adventures of Matt and Pippa

Matt and Pippa Perkins DO London!!!!

Saturday, March 11, 2006

Tea at Harrods darling!

Had a mad crazy social life this weekend (for once!). Sushi at Itsu in Chelsea with Regina friday night. A very classy fun sushi bar with amazing interior decorating and lush food! A really fun night hanging with Regs! I don't know what to do,here's the Christian conscience hurting me, they missed a couple of items off our bill, i realised today. I thought it had been amazingly cheap! Pretty sure i should tell them and pay the difference somehow, but a) it's inconvenient financially and geographically and b) well there is no b. I know what i should do! Pants, it was such a nice suprise to be so cheap!

This afternoon Allie treated me to one of the coolest things and poshest things i have done! She took me to Harrods for afternoon tea! It's so posh! I felt like such an imposter! The little waiter men even come and pour tea into your cup when you have finsihed it, though the teapot is right next to your hand and really, it's not that much of a strain to reach and pour! The scariest thing is that after an hour i was used to sitting with no slouch, straight back, nibbling at scones and clotted cream and listening to Les Mis songs being played on the grand piano by the pianist! The food was lush! You get basically all you can eat for £20 each (i should think so i hear you say) and their special blend teapot with it. Little Cucumber sarnies and others, scones and little pastries!
Most of the time i went red as the waiter poured my tea for me, man he should have been lifting my cup too! And i was giggling nervously saying i feel like an imposter! The loos are lovely, perfume on hand literally! And at the end we asked our lovely italian waiter if we could take the leftovers home! And he gave us a huuuge box ful of what we couldn't eat and put in a huuuge Harrods bag that made me look like i'd bought a large item! Thanks Allie, for a free tea at Harrods! What a treat!
Then with heavy scones sitting in my stomach i went off to meet steffy b for a currrrrrrrrrryyyyyyyyyyyyy - trying to rhyme. We went to this lickel cheap place but after harrods it was a bit horrible so steffy kindly put up with my snobbery and we went to drury lane to Bhattis! The man outside the front door practically pulled us in off the street, whihc wasn't a great time, but we had a nice little dinner and lovely chatting time. I love my friends and i love food, diet starts tomorrow!

2 Comments:

At 12:35 PM, Blogger becci brown said...

pippa pippa pippa...how are you?

It was SO good to get your comment on my blog. I am so sorry that it has taken me so long to get back to you...

guess what?! I am now living in London too. In Brockely which is SE and about 1/2 hr on tube from hampstead. Fancy a coffee sometime?

 
At 3:08 PM, Blogger Pippa said...

Coffee would be lush! Email me bout it, pippaperkins@hotmail.com!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home