Adventures of Matt and Pippa

Matt and Pippa Perkins DO London!!!!

Sunday, November 30, 2008

Tonic for the soul...

Be still, my soul: the Lord is on your side;
bear patiently the weight of grief or pain;
leave to your God to order and provide;
through every change He faithful will remain.
Be still my soul; your gracious heavenly friend
through thorny ways leads toa joyful end

Be still, my soul: your God will undertake
to guide the future as He has the past.
Your hope, your confidence let nothing shake;
all now mysterious shall be bright at last.
Be still, my soul: the winds and waves still know
the voice of Christ that ruled them here below

Be still, my soul, though dearest friends depart
and all is darkened in the vale of tears;
then shall you better know His love, His heart,
who comes to soothe your sorrows and your fears.
Be still, my soul; your Jesus can repay
from His own fulness all He takes away.

Be still, my soul: the day is hastening on
when we shall be for ever with the Lord,
when diappointment, grief and fear are gone,
sorrow forgotton, love's pure joys restored.
Be still, my soul: when change and tears are past,
in His safe presence we shall meet at last.

Catharina Amalia Dorothea von Schelgal (1697-?)
Jane L Borthwick (1813-1897)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home